Radish Seeds - China Rose - Organic
- Radish Seeds - Sprouting - China Rose - Raphanus sativus
- Certified Organic - Non-GMO - Heirloom - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
- Seeds For: Vegetable Gardening, Microgreens & Sprouts
- Days to Full Maturity: 55 -- Annual -- USDA Hardiness Zone: Annual Crop, Not Intended To Overwinter
- Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Premium Quality Seeds
These seeds grow rapidly and easily in bright sunlight and produce attractive foliage. Optimum temperatures range is below 80 degrees F. (27 degrees C.) Radishes grow best in a properly-tilled soil when frost is passed. Sow in early spring, late summer, and in the fall when frost is gone.They should be sown in rows 6” apart; seedlings will appear in 4-6 days. Some companion vegetables are leaf lettuce, peas, and pole beans.
They can be stored in a Mason jar for about one week. Stems, roots, and leaves need to be trimmed, leaving only vegetable tops. This will prevent loss of moisture and shrinking. Then thoroughly rinse, place in water, and seal. Although not a good candidate for freezing, since it becomes mushy, it can be pickled. A quick radish snack can sometimes be a substitute for regular chips, sprinkled with your favorite condiment or eaten plain. Simply use a dehydrator to preserve thinly sliced radishes that can also be added to soups, sauces and in any food you choose.