Growing Lady Slipper Radish Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus
- Other Names: Lady Slipper
- Days to Maturity: 28 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: ½-1”
- Row Spacing: 1’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well- draining
- Temp Preference: 45-85℉
- Light Preference: Full sun, partial shade
- Pests/diseases: Flea beetles, cut worms, aphids
- Color: Soft pink
- Flavor: Mild and pink
Lady Slipper Radish Growth Habits:
Choose a sunny location for Lady Slipper Radish to grow. After frost is over for your area, put seed directly into the ground. Cover with ¼” soil. Thin soil, so radishes are 1-2” apart. Radishes tend to taste better if they do not grow beyond their suggested size. Lady Slipper Radishes should be harvested when they are 4 inches.
Various Uses for Lady Slipper Radish:
Lady Slipper Radishes are especially beautiful. This makes them perfect for vegetable trays and for eating raw in salads. The radish’s bright and cheery pink color will bring a pop to any meal or snack. Radishes can also be roasted with other root vegetables. Roast them like a potato and add garlic.
Lady Slipper Radish Benefits:
Radishes are beneficial for the liver and stomach. They can draw toxins out of these organs. Lady Slipper Radishes can be used a diuretic, and this helps to flush out the body. Because of the presence of flavinoids, Radishes have been linked to greater cardiovascular health. Additionally, due to fiber content radishes can prevent constipation.
Lady Slipper Radishes are known for being quick to grow and a beautiful pink color.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds