Growing Hailstone Radish Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus
- Other Names: Hailstone Radish
- Days to Maturity: 25 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 1”
- Row Spacing: 1-2’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well- draining
- Temp Preference: 60-75℉
- Light Preference: Full sun, partial sun
- Pests/diseases: Flea beetles, cut worms, aphids
- Color: White
- Flavor: Crisp, mild, tender
Hailstone Radish Growth Habits:
Hailstone Radish will take about 25 days to reach full maturity. Roots will be about 1 inch and have small amounts of foliage. Radishes do not like to be crowded, so be sure they have over 1” in spacing. Harvest radishes when they are an inch, so they do not become too fibrous. Can be stored in a refrigerator to maintain crispness.
Various Uses for Hailstone Radish:
Hailstone Radishes have a spicier taste compared to the typical radish. Radishes are typically eaten in salads for crunchy pungent flavor. It is also customary in many European countries to slice radishes thinly and put them on fresh bread with butter, salt, and pepper. Radishes can also be roasted alongside other spring vegetables.
Hailstone Radish Benefits:
Hailstone radish is great for bone health due to its high calcium content. Radishes also provide the body with iron, and this makes it useful for preventing anemia. There are also many vitamins in Radishes: A, B1, B2, and C.
Great vegetable for beginners to grow. Kids love to see these vegetables grow because of how quickly they can be harvested.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 2,720,000 Seeds