Growing French Breakfast Radish Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus
- Other Names: French Breakfast Radish
- Days to Maturity: 24 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 1”
- Row Spacing: 1’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 65℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Flea beetles, white mold
- Color: Red, white
- Flavor: Mildly pungent
French Breakfast Radish Growth Habits:
Fast and easy to grow. Radishes are the perfect thing to try if you have little success in the garden. They grow quickly in the spring and fall. Plant radish seeds directly into the soil. French Breakfast Radishes are ready in just 24 days, and you will see their white tips poking out of the soil.
Various Uses for French Breakfast Radish:
Radishes can be used raw, roasted, braised, or even pickled. French Breakfast radishes are delicious in a salad raw, sliced on sandwiches, served with soft cheeses like feta, and on a veggie tray. When cooked, they taste lovely in dishes with butter and cream because they highlight their slight peppery taste. Be sure to pair with lemon juice and fresh herbs.
French Breakfast Radish Benefits:
Holistic health professionals often recommend radishes as a way to have healthy digestion. This is probably due to the fact that they are high in fiber. Radishes get their peppery flavor from glucosinolates, and this also prevents many cancers. Rich in Vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, folate, and potassium, radishes are a very nutritious food.
Dates back to 1870 in France and New York.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 2,720,000 Seeds