Purple Coneflower Echinacea Herb Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Echinacea purpurea
- Days to Maturity: 90-120, Perennial
- Hardiness Zones: 3-9
- Seed Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Seed Plant Spacing: 12-24”
- Growth Habit: Upright/tall
- Soil Preference: Moderately rich, moist and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Pests/Diseases: Aphids, leafhoppers, downy mildew
- Color: Slender green stems/leaves, fuschia-colored flowers
- Flavor: Bold, sweet, floral, tingly
Purple Coneflower Echinacea Herb Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Echinacea purpurea) Purple Coneflower Echinacea plants grow as warm season flowering herbs. As perennials, this popular wildflower variety will develop upright as tall and vibrant with daisy-like flowers on slender green stems reaching 4’ tall. Once your echinacea reaches full maturity in either late spring or the following year to harvest the root, your plants will grow fuchsia-colored petals bold with sweet flavor. Purple Coneflower provides a tingly, floral taste. Reap the medicinal benefits of echinacea flowers during its summer blooming season or just before winter.
The Medicinal Benefits of Purple Coneflower Echinacea Garden Herb
Purple Coneflower Echinacea crops were grown by Native American Plains Tribes and often used as an herbal remedy to relieve pain or aid the common cold, sore throat, flu and skin irritations.
The Various At-Home Uses of Purple Coneflower Echinacea Herb & Seed
There are many soothing ways to use purple echinacea herbs and even in the luxury of your own home. You can easily steep the fresh or dried leaves and sweet-tasting petals of echinacea to make a tingly herbal tea. Purple Coneflower Echinacea is also a popular herb to drop into a relaxing bubble bath or foot soak. You can also aid stress and regulate blood pressure by using Purple Coneflower Echinacea as aromatherapy. Echinacea as an essential oil is still a common method that people use to naturally decrease tension, as its bold floral scent helps ease anxiety and boosts relaxation.
Purple Coneflower Echinacea Garden Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 893 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 400,000 Seeds