Growing Heirloom White Queen Pumpkin Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names: White Pumpkins
- Days to Maturity: 90-120 days
- Hardiness Zone: Annual, not intended for overwintering; suitable for all USDA hardiness zones
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 24-36”
- Row Spacing: 6-10’
- Growth Habit: Vining; round fruit with a diameter between 7" and 10"
- Soil Preference: Very fertile, well-draining, moist soil; 5.8 to 6.8 pH level
- Temp Preference: Warm weather; sensitive to frost; requires 65- to 95-degree F soil for germination
- Light Preference: Full sun, at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, squash bugs, spider mites, squash vine borer, striped cucumber beetles, powdery mildew, bacterial wilt, scab, downy mildew
- Color: Green foliage; smooth white skin
White Queen Heirloom Pumpkin Seed Growth Habits:
The vines of the White Queen open-pollinated pumpkin variety bear white pumpkins with a 7" to 10" diameter that are perfect for autumn and Halloween decorating.
Pumpkins require very fertile soil, so it's typically recommended that you amend your planting site with compost the fall prior to planting. You can sow White Queen pumpkin seeds directly in to ground when the soil reaches at least 65 degrees F. Around 2 weeks after your last frost date is a good time to plant pumpkins, as the pumpkin plants are very sensitive to frost.
Like most pumpkins, White Queen pumpkins require quite a bit of water to grow large fruits. However, the planting site should be well-draining to prevent disease.
Various Uses for White Queen Pumpkins and Pumpkin Seeds:
White Queen heirloom pumpkins are a decorative and are a popular choice for making Halloween displays thanks to the ghostly white coloring.
Pumpkin seeds can be roasted with or without a dash of salt to make a delicious snack.
Heirloom White Queen Pumpkin and Pumpkin Seed Benefits:
The smooth white skin of the White Queen pumpkin makes it an excellent choice for carving small jack-o-lanterns with a ghost theme or creating elegant fall-themed decorative displays in the home.
When roasted and eaten, pepitas, or pumpkin seeds, give you antioxidants, good fats, and essential minerals like magnesium.
A ghostly white colored pumpkin that will grow around 7-10" in diameter. It has a smooth white surface perfect for fall decorating! Sow seeds indoors or directly in the spring or summer in full sun. In order to reduce the risk of certain soilborne diseases and pests, it is a good idea to rotate your pumpkin crops with other types of crops from a different family to avoid planting at the same site for 3 years.
Seeds Per Package:
- 4 g - Approximately 30 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 225 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 900 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,600 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 18,000 Seeds