Growing Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names: Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin
- Days to Maturity: 110 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 72”
- Row Spacing: 6-9’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 70℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Cucumber beetler, squash bug, mold
- Color: Orange
- Flavor: Sweet
Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin Growth Habits:
Plant pumpkin seeds one inch below the soil. Make sure that pumpkins have plenty of room to grow. Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin has large vines, and really needs good circulation. Pumpkin will have an oblong shape with ribbing. Jack O' Lantern Pumpkins is the perfect pumpkin to sell at a farm stand with an exceptionally thick handle.
Various Uses for Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin:
Heirloom Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin are used primarily for carving, but can be delicious as well. The pumpkin creates a perfect canvas for carving the perfect face for your Halloween decorations. Use the flesh when you are done for soups, baking, and treats. It’s many uses mean that you will get a lot out of your garden goods.
Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin Benefits:
Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkins are full of nutritional benefits. So be sure to cook with this pumpkin after you are done carving. It is fulls of vitamin A and C. Both vitamins significantly boost immunity. Vitamin A also has the added benefit of helping with eyesight health.
Perfect for carving, but also delicious for cooking.
Seeds Per Package:
- 8 g - Approximately 60 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 80,000 Seeds