Growing Treated Galeaux D Eysines Pumpkin Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Other Names: Galeaux D Eysines
- Days to Maturity: 100 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 36-48”
- Row Spacing: 4-6’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 68-95℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Squash bug, cucumber beetle, powdery mildew
- Color: Salmon pink
- Flavor: Sweet
Treated Galeaux D Eysines Pumpkin Growth Habits:
Plant Galeaux D Eysines one inch below the soil when temperatures are above 68℉. Give this pumpkin 4-6 feet of space because it can struggle with health issues like powdery mildew when it doesn’t have room on the vine. Harvest when pumpkins turn a lovely salmon color, and enjoy this sweet pumpkin as decoration or for baking.
Various Uses for Treated Galeaux D Eysines Pumpkin:
Roast Treated Galeaux D Eysines Pumpkin flesh in a 400℉ oven for 20 minutes, then mash the roasted pumpkin. Mix eggs, milk, and pumpkin pie spices, and then place in a pie crust. Bake the entire pie in a 350℉ oven for 40 minutes or until set.
Treated Galeaux D Eysines Pumpkin Benefits:
Pumpkins provide a tremendous amount of health benefits. Fiber-rich foods, like pumpkin, can jumpstart your diet. They are more filling and reduce the likelihood of overeating. Pumpkins are one of the leading providers of antioxidants, which greatly reduces the likelihood of chronic illness. Vitamins C and A in pumpkin can really boost the immune system.
Treated Galeaux D Eysines is a unique salmon pink pumpkin, and is always a hit at farmer’s markets.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 80,000 Seeds