Growing Big Max Pumpkin Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Other Names: Big Max Pumpkins
- Days to Maturity: 120 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 30”
- Row Spacing: 4-6’
- Growth Habit: Vining
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 70-80℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Powdery mildew, squash bug, squash vine borer
- Color: Yellow-orange
- Flavor: Mild, semi-sweet
Big Max Pumpkin Growth Habits:
Big Max Pumpkins are ready in 120 days. Seeds can be directly planted in the ground or started indoors. If direct sowing, place seed 1” below the surface. The Big Max Pumpkins get huge, so thin them 4-6 feet apart. Pumpkins need a lot of moisture, fertilizer, and space. Will produce round and flat pumpkins that are yellow-orange.
Various Uses for Big Max Pumpkin:
Big Max Pumpkins were first produced for their size. These are showstoppers at county fairs. But they can also be used for cooking. Big Max produces flesh that is perfect for baking, casseroles, and soups. Pumpkins make the best muffins and sweet loaves. You can make many pumpkin pies with the Big Max Pumpkin.
Big Max Pumpkin Benefits:
Pumpkins contain antioxidants which reduces free radical damage. Full of fiber, pumpkin aids in digestion. Pumpkins are one of the highest vegetables in Vitamin A which your body needs to fight infections. They also contain Vitamins C, E, iron, and folate which also are beneficial to the immune system.
First produced by a Canadian farmer in the 1800’s for the sole purpose of winning pumpkin growing contests.
Seeds Per Package:
- 8 g - Approximately 25 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 90 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 360 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,440 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 7,200 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 36,000 Seeds