Growing Sunbright Sweet Bell Pepper Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: Yellow bell pepper, Sunbright sweet pepper, Sunbright golden bell pepper
- Days to Maturity: 75 days
- Hardiness Zone: Annual, not intended for overwintering
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 12-24” in rows; 14-16” in raised beds
- Row Spacing: 2-3’
- Growth Habit: 24-36” tall; blocky bell peppers
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained loamy soil; slightly acidic to neutral pH
- Temp Preference: 70-84 degrees F; Nighttime temperatures between 60 and 75 degrees F to allow proper fruit set
- Light Preference: Full sun, at least 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, European corn borer, Anthracnose fruit rot, Phytophthora blight, whiteflies, cutworms, pepper maggots, Colorado potato beetles, tarnished plant bug, Verticillium wilt, blossom end rot
- Color: Green to bright yellow fruit; green foliage
- Flavor: Sweet
Sunbright Yellow Bell Pepper Seed Growth Habits:
Sweet bell pepper plants, like the Sunbright yellow pepper variety, grow well in loamy soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH and in conditions with 6 to 8 hours or more of direct sunlight.
Sunbright sweet pepper seeds should be started indoors 8 to 10 weeks before the last frost date in your USDA hardiness zone. It is often best to transplant pepper seedlings into the garden at least 2 weeks after your last frost date to ensure nighttime temperatures are consistently above 50 degrees F. When flowering, nighttime temperatures should be above 60 degrees F to prevent problems with fruit set.
Given the right conditions, Sunbright heirloom bell pepper plants will grow between 24" and 36" tall, and they will yield abundant fruit measuring around 5" that ripens from green to yellow.
Various Uses for Sunbright Yellow Peppers:
The thick, sweet flesh of Sunbright yellow bell peppers can be chopped up and used on green salads, pizza, and more. It is also a popular option for eating fresh with vegetable dip.
Sunbright Sweet Pepper Benefits:
Low in calories and high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, yellow sweet peppers can be eaten by most people as part of a healthy diet. Sweet bell peppers are especially high in vitamin C.
Sunbright golden bell pepper plants, like all pepper plants, will not tolerant a frost. While different varieties of peppers have been developed in various places around the world, such as Hungary and Italy, all pepper plants are originally from the tropical regions of Central and South America.
Seeds Per Package:
- 250 mg - Approximately 35 Seeds
- 0.25 oz - Approximately 1,000 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 4,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 64,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 320,000 Seeds