Growing Keystone Resistant Giant Sweet Pepper Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: California Wonder, Keystone Giant
- Days to Maturity: 70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 2-11
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 1”
- Row Spacing: 3-4’
- Growth Habit: Bush
- Soil Preference: Fertile, well-draining soil
- Temp Preference: 60-95℉
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pests/diseases: Cutworms, aphids, flea beetles, and other hard-shelled insects
- Color: Green, and then turns red
- Flavor: Sweet
Keystone Resistant Giant Sweet Pepper Growth Habits:
In 70 days the Keystone Resistant Giant Sweet Pepper will reach softball- size proportions. A thick stem will hold this sweet pepper’s heavy load. Peppers grow on a green bush, and over time green peppers turn red. These massive peppers will produce four lobes over an extended harvest period. Prefers fertile well- draining soil.
Various Uses for Keystone Resistant Giant Sweet Pepper:
Due to their thick walls, California Wonder Sweet Peppers are a great option for stuffed peppers. A variety of stuffed pepper recipes exist, and this is a great way to use other garden treasures. Keystone Giant Sweet Peppers are delicious right out of the garden. They can also be cooked in fajitas, stir- frys, and pasta sauces.
Keystone Resistant Giant Sweet Pepper Benefits:
Peppers are great companion plants in the garden with basil, tomato, and carrots. Sweet peppers contain Vitamin C which is great for the immune system, fiber which aids digestion, and folate which are essential in pregnancy.
Especially resistant to Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds