Sweet Banana Pepper Garden Planting Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Sweet Banana Pepper seed Days to Maturity: 70-100 days
- Sweet Banana Pepper seed Hardiness Zone: 9-11
- Sweet Banana Pepper seed Planting Depth:1/4"
- Sweet Banana Pepper seed Plant Spacing: 12-18”
- Sweet Banana Pepper Growth Habit: Sturdy Upright
- Soil Preference: Fertile, Organically rich, Well-drained
- Temperature Preference: Warm, 70-85° F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Susceptible to fungus, leaf spotting, and rot in poorly drained, oversaturated soils. Watch for aphids and whiteflies.
- Sweet Banana Pepper seed Color: Light Yellow to Bright Red.
- Sweet Banana Pepper seed Flavor: Mild spiciness overall.
Sweet Banana Pepper Seed Growing Habits
Sweet Banana Pepper seeds grow best in warmer climates. Typically they'd want 70 to 80˚ F days with high humidity. They're slow to germinate and can sometimes take over two week to show some progress. You'll want to keep the soil moist as well. If it gets too hot during the day, you can keep the soil cool by frequently watering with cold water. For the best results, you'll want to start the seeds indoors then transplant once the weather warms up. Plants typically grow 18-24" tall.
The Various Uses for the Sweet Banana Pepper Seeds
There are plenty of uses for Banana Peppers. Extremely popular for pickling. They're also commonly added into salsas and salads. Also excellent for stuffing. For some interesting flavor, you can add them as a pizza topping or even make them into a jelly.
The Benefits of Sweet Banana Pepper Seed
Some health benefits for Sweet Banana peppers include metabolism and digestive health support as well as aiding in heart health. Thanks to their potassium content, they're able to help prevent muscle cramps. They can also help maintain healthy blood pressure.
Sweet Banana Pepper seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 4,450 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 17,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 71,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 356,000 Seeds