Growing Shishito Garden Pepper Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum Annum
- Other Names: Groundcherry pepper
- Days to Maturity: 60 days green - red in 80 days - PERENNIAL
- Planting Depth: Half an inch deep
- Plant Spacing: 3 feet apart
- Growth Habit: 4 feet high - cages for support
- Soil Preference: Warm, well-drained soil - fertilize - 6.2 to 7.0 pH
- Temp Preference: Warmer - Not Intended To Overwinter
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pests/diseases: Practically none
- Color: Glossy emerald green
- Flavor: Rich, with just a hint of spiciness
Pepper seeds can be started indoors in warm well-drained soil, transferred to the outdoors, and planted half an inch deep and three feet apart, allowing the soil to dry out before watering. Cages may be used for support since they grow about 4 feet high. Avoid even a light frost, which retards growth and impairs the brilliant color of leaves.
Additional Facts and Information:
Shishito peppers have become an extremely popular finger food of late because of their tasty flavor and rich health benefits. They are packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and have a very low heat level.
They start off green and mature to red, although commonly harvested while still green. Native to Japan, Shishito peppers have thin skin and a somewhat wrinkled appearance. They are rich in Vitamins A, C, K, B6, protein minerals, and antioxidants.
• Non-GMO – Organic - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
• Seeds for: Vegetable Gardening
• Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand – Premium Quality Seeds