Growing Mariachi Hot Pepper Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: Mariachi
- Days to Maturity: 65-68 days
- Hardiness Zone: 2-11
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 20-24”
- Row Spacing: 3-4’
- Growth Habit: Bushy, upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 80-85℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Spider mites, aphids
- Color: Red
- Flavor: Delicate, fruity
Mariachi Hot Pepper Growth Habits:
After about 65 days, Mariachi pepper plants begin to produce peppers. Peppers will start creamy white, then switch to a rose, and finally a bright red. Don’t sleep on the white peppers because this is where you will find the most complexity. You can expect peppers to be 4 inches long and 2 inches wide.
Various Uses for Mariachi Hot Pepper:
Mariachi Hot Peppers can be eaten when they are creamy white or red. When they are white, they will have a fruity taste like melon. Red Mariachi peppers will taste more sweet, like a traditional mild pepper. These are delicious raw or cooked. Try broiling these peppers and putting them into a salsa.
Mariachi Hot Pepper Benefits:
Peppers are a low-calorie treat that has a lot of nutrition going for them. Vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, fiber, and potassium are all found in peppers. Fiber is essential for regulating blood sugar and feeling full. The peppers are perfect for those that need a little kick, and it’s an easy way to liven up dishes.
Named for the regional Mexican instrumental group.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds