Growing Hot Jalapeno M Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: Jalapeno
- Days to Maturity: 73 days
- Hardiness Zone: 4-10
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 12-18”
- Row Spacing: 2-3’
- Growth Habit: Upright, bushy
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: 78-85℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Rot, aphids, Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Cutworms
- Color: Green, and sometimes red
- Flavor: Spicy, pungent
Hot Jalapeno M Growth Habits:
Plant Hot Jalapeno M in fertile soil after the threat of frost. Seeds do much better if they are started inside. Growing tips can be pinched back to encourage leaf production. Plants will produce flowers in full sun. Flowers will then produce jalapenos, and these can be picked when firm. Jalapenos will turn red over time on the branch.
Various Uses for Hot Jalapeno M:
Jalapeno M is a great hot pepper to have in the garden and kitchen. It can be diced and used in salsas for an extra kick. It can sliced and put into soups to instantly add spice. It is a great pickling pepper, and pickled jalapenos are delicious on sandwiches. This plant is an excellent companion for cucumber, oregano, and eggplants.
Hot Jalapeno M Benefits:
Jalapeno M is rich in vitamin C, and it gets higher levels of vitamin C as it changes color. The spice in jalapenos are also great for sinuses. It offer nasal decongestant properties. Jalapeno M has been shown to reduce inflammation, and can even lead to weight loss.
Jalapeno M variety is typically what is produced for grocery stores.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds