Growing Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: Hot banana pepper
- Days to Maturity: 72 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 24”
- Row Spacing: 3-4’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 80-85℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Thrips, aphids, leafminers
- Color: Yellow, and then orange-red
- Flavor: Hot, sweet, tangy
Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper Growth Habits:
Plant Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper ¼” below the soil when the temperatures start to rise. Peppers do get hotter as the summer heat builds. Yellow peppers will brighten to orange-red color. These peppers are ready for harvest when they are 5-6 inches long. You can decide which color you’d prefer. The yellow color will be milder.
Various Uses for Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper:
This is the pepper for those that like heat. Hot Hunagarian Yellow Wax Peppers can be used in dishes that call for jalapenos. They are four times hotter than the jalapeno. You can put these peppers in stews, fried recipes, and pickle jars. Stuff these peppers and throw them on the grill this summer.
Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper Benefits:
Hot peppers provide numerous health benefits. Jumpstart your metabolism with these peppers, spicy foods can really get your adrenaline going. Hot peppers will be sure to clear your sinuses if you are suffering a cold. In fact, the Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper might be the perfect heat for this. It definitely has a kick.
Hot Hunfarian Yellow Wax Pepper look like banana peppers, but are 4 times hotter than a jalapeno.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds