Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Cayenne Pepper Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Vegetable Days to Maturity: 70-75+
- Cayenne Pepper Hardiness Zones: 4-9
- Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Hot Cayenne Pepper Seed Plant Spacing: 15-18”
- Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Plant Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Pests/diseases: Aphids, flea beetles
- Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Vegetable Color: Green to bright-red
- Cayenne Pepper Vegetable/seed Flavor: Spicy, peppery, sweet
Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Capsicum annuum) Cayenne Pepper plants grow as upright annual vegetables with abundant fast-maturity for a long growing season. Hot Long Slim Cayenne Peppers reach nearly 2’ tall during the warm seasons. Your Cayenne Peppers will give off a pungent, peppery and slightly sweet aroma along with hot flavor, also providing a variety of herbal benefits. Once late summer sets in, cayenne will develop 5-6” long thin-walled slim red peppers with green leaves. Once they’ve turned green to bright-red with a glossy texture, they’re ready for harvest, Cayenne Peppers will begin to bloom small white flowers.
The Herbal Benefits of Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Garden Seed
As Cayenne Pepper is a fast-growing annual vegetable that contains strong capsaicin properties, this variety is perfect to plant in your herb garden! The strong capsaicin and hot flavor of these peppers provide relief from colds or fevers, as these peppers are often ground or used as pepper flakes to add that extra ‘bite’! Try making an immunity-boosting tea. Stir lemon, turmeric and ginger and mix until reaching a light boil. Then add honey along with a pinch of ground cayenne for a soothing natural remedy.
The History of Growing Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Vegetable Seed
Hot Slim Long Cayenne Pepper has been used for many long term health benefits such as, improving your metabolism, aiding digestion, regulating blood pressure and preventing risks of cancer. The word ‘cayenne’ comes from the Greek meaning ‘to bite’ in relation to its pungent and spicy properties. Cayenne Peppers were often used to aid disease and have been one of the most common hot red peppers to grow in Western continents since the 16th century.
Hot Long Slim Cayenne Pepper Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 4,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 64,000 Seeds