Pea - Yellow (Organic) - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Pisum sativum
- Presoak: 4 hours in cold water
Preferred Growing Medium: Soil (preferred) or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate (weight per 10"x 20" tray): Amounts may vary, but we recommend 5-8 oz.
Blackout Time: 3-4 days
Germination Time: 2-3 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 12-16 days
- Microgreen Color: green
- Microgreen Flavor: mildly sweet, fresh (tastes just like peas)
- Microgreen Texture: crunchy, succulent
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C and E, folic acid, calcium, iron and fiber
- Tendril amount: high
Yellow pea microgreens are very easy to grow in soil and a bit more challenging on hydroponic mediums, but totally doable. Soak seeds in cold water for four hours (you can soak for longer). Make sure you use plenty of water and a large bowl, as yellow pea seeds soak up large amounts of water. You can plant directly, but we prefer to transfer to a colander. Rinse 2 to 4 times a day in the colander for another day or two until the seedlings begin to peek out. Tamp the soil gently to flatten.
Spread evenly (they should be quite thick) and tamp very gently to insure contact with the soil. Mist thoroughly twice a day. Keep covered with the blackout or humidity dome for 3 to 4 more days before exposing light. Water once a day so the soil is damp, but not soggy.
Yellow pea microgreens are an amazing source of nutrition! Not only do they provide many vitamins and fiber, they are also packed with high-quality protein. Here are some more health benefits of this superb microgreen:
- High in antioxidants, which reduce the chances of chronic disease, including cancer
- Slows the aging process and prevents wrinkles
- Aids in keeping bones healthy and prevents arthritis
Seeds per Package:
- 1 lb - Approximately 2,300 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 11,500 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 57,600 seeds