As we said, Pea Shoots are a favorite. There are countless ways to use Pea Shoots including some of our favorites: Feta and Pea Shoot Fritters, Pea Shoot and Smoked Bacon and just for fun the Pea Shooter. These recipes can be found at http://www.peashoots.com/peashoots-recipes.htm , these guys will make you want to eat Pea Shoots at every meal.
Pea Shoot and Sprout Growing Tips:
· For sprouting peas you can use any medium: tray, jar or bag
· When sprouting soak peas for up to 10 hrs. first
· Sprouted Peas will be ready to eat in 2 to 4 days, depending on how you like them
· Pea Shoots should be grown in a sterile soil as they are prone to mold
· Cover soaked pea seeds with a light layer of soil
· If mold develops spray with a light hydrogen peroxide solution
· Pea Shoots will be ready to eat in about a week to ten days
Pea sprouts are rich in vitamins A, B, C and E and includes calcium, iron and phosphorus.