Growing Super Sugar Snap Pea Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Pisum sativum
- Other Names: Super Sugar Snap
- Days to Maturity: 64 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 2-3”
- Row Spacing: 2’
- Growth Habit: Vine, needs support
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 50-75℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Pea rot, pea moth
- Color: Green
- Flavor: Sweet
Super Sugar Snap Pea Growth Habits:
Heirloom Sugar Snap prefers cool weather, so sow directly into the ground in early fall when temperatures are around 50℉. Plant under 1 inch of soil and space about 2-3” apart. Super Sugar Snap Peas need to be supported as they grow taller. Pick pods when pods are filled out and bright green.
Various Uses for Super Sugar Snap Pea:
Super Sugar Snap Peas are best in the simplest dishes. Saute snap peas in a little butter and add salt, pepper, and lemon. But why stop there? You can go even simpler and eat super sugar snap peas right off the vine. This is the best way to enjoy sugar snap peas. Toss them on a veggie platter and enjoy their crunch today.
Super Sugar Snap Pea Benefits:
Avoid planting Super Sugar Snap Peas near onions. Otherwise, it’s a great companion plant in the garden. It can be mutually beneficial for turnips, spinach, radishes, potatoes, eggplant, parsley, peppers, carrots, beans, strawberries, and celery. As a part of a healthy diet, sugar snap peas are rich in fiber. Fiber is great for satiety and regulating blood sugar.
Produces huge pods 6 days earlier.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds