Little Marvel Pea Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Little Marvel Pea Days to Maturity: 60-70, Annual
- Little Marvel Pea Hardiness Zones: 3-9
- Little Marvel Pea Planting Depth: 1-1½”
- Little Marvel Pea Plant Spacing: 2-3”
- Little Marvel Pea Row Spacing: 18”
- Little Marvel Pea Growth Habit: Semi-dwarf/compact bush
- Soil Preference: Loamy, sandy and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cooler to warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Armyworms, cucumber beetles and bacterial blight
- Little Marvel Pea Vegetable Color: Small dark-green peas and pods
- Little Marvel Pea Vegetable Flavor: Crisp, sweet, tender, bright, rich
Little Marvel Pea Growing Habits
Non-GMO Little Marvel Pea (Pisum sativum) plants grow as semi-dwarf compact bushes, reaching as strong climbing vine annuals up to 20-30” high! English heirlooms such as Little Marvel Pea varieties, produce tender pods and leaves with fast-growth in the spring. Your cool season legumes will produce sweet and crisp peas by early summer or fall. Your mature 3” pea pods will continue to grow and provide diverse cooking options as an abundant cool season crop. Once the temperature rises above warm, your shelling peas will begin to bloom hanging red flowers. Little Marvel Pea plants will die back once it drops below freezing.
Culinary Uses for Little Marvel Pea Vegetable Seed
Little Marvel Peas are sweet English heirlooms and can be eaten raw by dipping their crisp pods in a dip. You can also cook your mature shelling peas by boiling them or adding to soup. The annual dark-green leaves of this semi-dwarf pea variety can also be sauteed as savory greens similar to kale.
Health Benefits from Little Marvel Pea Vegetable Seed
Peas in general are a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants. As Little Marvel Peas provide sweet and bright flavor, this climbing-vine variety makes it easy to enjoy on-the-go and maintain your health. High in vitamins B and A, this English heirloom is an ideal pea to keep a strong heart throughout the spring and summer season.
Benefits of Growing Little Pea Vegetable Seed
As a fast-growing annual pea variety, Little Marvels plants grow tall, but also as compact bushes that make it easy to plant in a container on your patio! This abundant and fresh pea variety is also perfect for home gardens and benefits from a trellis for support. However, it’s also been noted how Little Marvel Peas don’t necessarily need a trellis and are strong and packed enough to grow without—making this semi-dwarf sweet pea a diverse vegetable for planting, as they replenish the nitrogen back into your soil.
Little Marvel Pea Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 90 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 360 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,440 Seeds
- 5 lbs - Approximately 7,200 Seeds