Green Arrow Pea Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Green Arrow Pea Days to Maturity: 68-70, Annual
- Green Arrow Pea Hardiness Zones: 2-11
- Green Arrow Pea Planting Depth: 1-1½”
- Green Arrow Pea Plant Spacing: 2-3”
- Green Arrow Pea Row Spacing: 18”
- Green Arrow Pea Growth Habit: Dwarf/compact bush
- Soil Preference: Loamy, sandy and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cooler to warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Armyworms, cucumber beetles and aphids
- Green Arrow Pea Vegetable Color: Green peas, forest-green pods
- Green Arrow Pea Vegetable Flavor: Fresh, sweet, tender, crunchy
Green Arrow Pea Growing Habits
Non-GMO Green Arrow Pea (Pisum sativum) plants grow as dwarf compact bushes, reaching as a climbing vine 30” high. English heirlooms such as Green Arrow Pea varieties, produce elongated forest-green pods in pairs in the spring or early fall. Your annual vegetables will provide sweet and fresh peas during cooler conditions with 8-11 peas per mature pod. Crunchy 5” pods will continue to grow and provide diverse options as an abundant cool season crop. Once the temperature rises above warm, your shelling peas can easily be removed from the inedible pods. Green Arrow pea plants will die back once it drops below freezing or continue to grow in regions with mild winters.
Culinary Uses for Green Arrow Pea Vegetable Seed
Green Arrow English Peas are sweet heirlooms that can be eaten fresh or boiled as tender vegetables to add to a meat and potato dish. You can also can your mature shelling peas to enjoy throughout winter or make a sweet pea soup. Annual lime-colored peas such as Green Arrows have inedible pods, but also provide diverse options to enjoy the tender and crisp flavor of peas. This dwarf gourmet variety can also be dried or sauteed into a curried pea hummus!
Health Benefits from Green Arrow Pea Vegetable Seed
Peas in general are high in nutrition. As Green Arrow Peas provide sweet and fresh flavor, this climbing-vine variety makes it easy to enjoy the abundance of essential vitamins. With folate, fibre and protein, this English pea is great for maintaining bone health, digestion and antioxidants throughout the season.
Benefits of Growing Green Arrow Pea Vegetable Seed
As a fast-growing dwarf-type pea, Green Arrow plants grow as compact bushes with pods that abundantly produce in pairs. Green Arrow Pea crops are easy to maintain and harvest for even gardeners who live in smaller spaces. This fresh pea variety is ideal for canning, freezing and is also resistant to bacterial diseases, such as mildew and fusarium wilt—making this dwarf green pea a diverse vegetable to grow and enjoy throughout winter.
Green Arrow Pea Garden Vegetable Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 90 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 360 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,440 Seeds
- 5 lbs - Approximately 7,200 Seeds