Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Herb Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Petroselinum crispum
- Days to Maturity: 40-60, Annual 70-90+ Biennial
- Hardiness Zones: 5-9
- Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Seed Plant Spacing: 12-15”
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich, moist and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Pests/Diseases: Aphids, parsley worm, fungal disease
- Color: Serrated forest-green leaves, umbels of light-yellow flowers
- Flavor: Fresh, verdant, hints of pepper and citrus
Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Herb Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Petroselinum crispum) Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley plants grow as warm biennials often grown as annuals, reaching 12-18” tall. Hardy Italian parsley herbs bloom from late spring to mid-to-late summer as an annual—producing peppery serrated forest-green leaves. As a biennial, parsley reaches maturity in its second year, losing much of its verdant flavor, but standing as a fresh ornamental herb that brings beneficial pollinators to your garden! Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley will bloom umbels of light-yellow flowers after setting seed.
The Historical Uses of Growing Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Herb
As Italian Flat Leaf Parsley has grown over 2,000 years, ancient civilizations such as Greece favored this fresh plant during rituals as a ceremonial herb—used for funerals and symbolizing death, flat leaf parsley varieties have been meaningful to many cultures. This hardy herb is still symbolic today, as flat-leaf parsley types take part ritually during Passover, which is a Jewish holiday representing rebirth and springtime.
The Culinary Benefits of Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Garden Herb
As a popular ingredient in Italian cuisine, Dark Green Flat Leaf Parsley is an essential herb to pair with fish or sprinkle fresh on tacos. You can also add Italian parsley serrated leaves to soups and salads such as tomato basil soup or a verdant cesar salad with romaine lettuce, parmesan, lemon and parsley. Feel free to substitute salt and pepper with flat leaf parsley forest-green leaves, as they provide a mild pepper flavor with hints of citrus!
Dark Green Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Garden Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 635 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 18,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 72,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 360,000 Seeds