Growing Non-GMO Organic Yellow Soybean Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Recommended Seeding: ¼ cup per quart jar, sprouting tray, terra cotta sprouter, or sprout jar
- Initial Soak Time: 6-8 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 2-5 days
- Flavor: Mild and nutty with a crisp snap similar to mung bean
- Nutrients: Protein, Fiber, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin C, B11
- Calories: About 80 calories per 1 cup serving
About Organic Yellow Soybean Sprout Seeds
***NOTE: The cleanliness of seed can vary slightly from lot to lot. Traces of dust and dirt may appear on the surface of some seeds. We recommend soaking your seeds for up to a half-hour in a 2-parts water and 1-part vinegar solution and then rinsing seeds thoroughly. A solution of water and a few tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide works also. In addition to dirt, soybeans may have occasional purple blemishes, but these are perfectly normal.
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, terra cotta sprouter, or hemp sprout bag, add about ¼ cup organic yellow soybean sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds an initial soaking for 6-8 hours. After initial soak, continue to rinse yellow soybean sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 2-5 days, keeping organic yellow soybean sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO yellow soybean sprouts are quick to harvest in just 2-5 days, ready for fresh use with a nutty, crisp flavor similar to mung bean. Yellow soybean sprouting seeds grow a protein-rich sprout fortified with Fiber, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin C, B11 and only about 80 calories per cup.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Glycine max L. Merr, or more commonly known as soy bean or soya bean, is one of the most diverse and widespread crops in the world. Most popular for unfermented use, soybean serves as the hearty protein base for many meat and dairy substitutes such as soy milk and tofu, which itself have countless uses. Non-GMO Glycine max L. Merr is a popular cover crop traditionally sown in the fall to replenish nitrogen content in garden soil while breaking up tough soils. Perhaps moreso than other cover crops, soybean is cultivated for its firm roots known to help minimize garden erosion, improve soil tilth and structure, while bolstering weed suppression. Soybean roots are also popularly left untilled in the garden, in which gardeners trust in the power of the roots to have restructured the garden soil to best allow new root growth, drainage, weed control, and oxygen.
For more about sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic Yellow Soybean Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 30 g - Wholesale - Approximately 185 Seeds
- 8 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 1,400 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 2,800 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 7,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 14,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 70,000 Seeds
- 30 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 84,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic yellow soybean sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.