Certified Organic Hard Red Spring Wheat Seeds - Wheat For Growing & Juicing Wheatgrass
- USDA Certified Organic
- Whole Hard Red Spring Sprouting Wheat berries
- Excellent Germination Rate 98-100%
- Resealable Packaging or pre-measured bags for wheatgrass trays
- 7-10 days for wheatgrass
- 2-3 days for wheat berry sprouts
- Great for grinding into whole wheat flour
- Outstanding choice for food storage
- Microbial Tested
Flavor Description: The familiar intense sweetness that wheatgrass is known for. A sugary sweetness with a mild bitter aftertaste.
This wheat is the same wheat we use in our flagship wheatgrass growing kit. If you are looking for refills for growing wheatgrass, be sure to buy the 5 & 10 pre-measured bags. These pre-measured wheatgrass refills are our most popular product because everyone comes back for the incredible quality of Hard Red Spring seed that you can't find anywhere else.
Wheatgrass growing Tips
- Plant wheat fairly densely in a tray that drains well (most growers use a perforated “1020” tray)
- Seeds can be spread on the soil surface and do not need to be covered with additional soil. Keep soil moist and water from the bottom of the tray when possible.
- Due to the density of planting mold can develop and can be treated with a diluted mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water gently sprayed on effected areas. Be careful though, “root fuzz”, which develops as the seed begins to sprout, looks a lot like mold the first day or two.
- Grass will be ready to juice in 7 to 10 days.
When sprouted organic wheat can have a sweet nutty flavor. Sprouted wheat will begin to lose its sweet flavor once “root fuzz” begins to develop.
Wheat Sprout Tips
- Wheat sprouts will be ready in 2 to 3 days
- 1 unit of wheat will yield 2 units of sprouts
- Soak wheat for 10 hours
Other great uses for wheatgrass:
- Very popular and healthy chicken feed. Many claim much better egg yield when chickens are feed wheatgrass.
- Many people are also growing wheatgrass for Easter centerpieces, it is easy, fast and beautiful.