Growing Non-GMO Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Recommended Seeding: ¼ cup per quart jar, sprouting tray, terra cotta sprouter, or sprout jar
- Initial Soak Time: 6-10 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 2-4 days
- Flavor: Soft, mild, and nutty with a little light crunch
- Nutrients: Protein, Fiber, Iron, Vitamin C
- Calories: About 480 calories per 1 cup serving
About Organic Garbanzo Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, terra cotta sprouter, or hemp sprout bag, add about ¼ cup organic garbanzo bean sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds an initial soaking for 6-10 hours. After initial soak, continue to rinse garbanzo bean sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 2-4 days, keeping organic chickpea sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO garbanzo sprouts are quick to harvest in just 2-4 days, ready for fresh use with a soft, mild, and nutty with a little light crunch. Garbanzo beans are dense in essential raw nutrients such as protein, calcium, fiber, iron, and Vitamin C and a complete 480 calories per cup.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Known by a variety of names throughout the world, including chickpea and chana, Cicer arietinum has been one of the most popularly domesticated crops ever. The garbanzo bean is widely sown as a culinary staple throughout much of Asia, with nearly 70% of the world's production coming from India. Recently, the garbanzo bean has made a resurgence as a viable nitrogen-fixing cover crop able to be sown as a beneficial companion plant or tilled back into the soil as an all-natural organic green mulch. Similar to Daikon radish and mustards, garbanzo seeds grow a deep taproot that can help prepare fields and grows spaces that have gone untouched in years or have never been cultivated.
For more on sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 8 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 600 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 1,200 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 3,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 6,000 Seeds
- 35 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 42,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic garbanzo bean sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.