Growing Organic White Ice Mustard Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Sinapis alba
- Other Names: Chinese Mustard
- Days to Maturity: 70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 4-7
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 3-5”
- Row Spacing: 1’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well- draining
- Temp Preference: Below 75℉
- Light Preference: Full sun, part sun
- Pests/diseases: Aphids
- Color: Green with yellow flowers
- Flavor: Sweet, spicy
Organic White Ice Mustard Growth Habits:
In 70 days, organic White Ice Mustard is fully grown with leaves with white and light green color. The texture of the plant is tender but later develops more fiber when mature. Plant in the ground ⅛” below the soil. If using as a cover crop, it is easy to till and remove to make room for other crops.
Various Uses for Organic White Ice Mustard:
Organic White Ice Mustard is used for microgreens and covercrop. As microgreens, harvest before plant becomes fibrous. You want to preserve the tender, sweet, and spicy flavors. If using as a cover crop, chinese mustard provides biomass that is beneficial to the soil. Finally, if you allow white ice mustard to go to seed, you can make mustard.
Organic White Ice Mustard Benefits:
Organic White Mustard has many benefits to those that consume it. Mustard is high in fiber and iron. Fiber can help with feelings of satiaty, and iron helps with blood conditions. Mustard has also been found to reduce arteries being clogged and lowers cholesterol.
Great option for a microgreen and cover crop.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds