Growing Galia Gallo Cantaloupe Melon Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucumis Melo (Origin - Israel)
- Other Names: Sarda, Tropical melons
- Days to Maturity: 70 days
- Planting Depth: 1/2 - 1” inch deep
- Plant Spacing: 1-2"
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Vine – approximately 8’
- Temp Preference: 70° or higher
- Light Preference: Full Sun, southern exposure
- Pests/diseases: Downy aphids, cucumber beetles
- Color: Dark green
- Flavor: Sweet, delicious, juicy
A seed starter is recommended for early indoor planting about four weeks prior to the last frost. Keep pots, away from drafts, in a sunny location waiting time to transplant outdoors in warm weather. Well-watered, well-drained, moist soil is the best way to start your plant. Allow to ripen well on vine before picking.
Additional Facts and Information
Maximize crop enjoyment and peak flavor by keeping young vines watered well and fertilized, especially in the early stages of growth.