Growing Bronze Mignonette Butterhead Lettuce Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Other Names: Bronze Mignonette, Mignonette
- Days to Maturity: 60 days
- Hardiness Zone: All zones
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 6-10”
- Row Spacing: 1-2’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 60-75℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Caterpillars, aphids, bottom rot
- Color: Medium green leaves with bronze spots
- Flavor: Buttery
Bronze Mignonette Butterhead Lettuce Growth Habits:
Sow seeds indoors for transplant or directly in soil ⅛” deep. Plant a few seeds per hole. After 15 days, seedlings should be thinned or transplanted to full sun to be 6-10” apart with rows 12-18” apart. Keep in rich well-drained soil. Baby leaves can be harvested after 25 days. Full heads are ready for harvest after 60 days, and can be cut at the base leaving 1” of stem for regrowth.
Various Uses for Bronze Mignonette Butterhead Lettuce:
Bronze Mignonette is both crispy and buttery. This makes it great for many dishes. Crisp and crumpled leaves are delicious on a sandwich giving that extra crunch. In a salad, the buttery texture elevates a dish. Finally, try using it as a bunless burger for a low-carb option. Bronze Mignonette is a great addition to the garden.
Bronze Mignonette Butterhead Lettuce Benefits:
Lettuce is low in calories but high in nutrition. Some of the nutritional benefits of lettuce include fiber, iron, folate, and vitamin C. Naturally low in fat and sodium, lettuce is also considered anti-inflammatory and great for heart-conscious individuals. Bronze Mignonette Butterhead Lettuce is not only delicious but extremely healthy.
Bronze Mignonette is a heirloom variety dating back to 1898.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 2,720,000 Seeds