Growing Parris Island cos. Romaine Lettuce Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Other Names:
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Outdoors
- Days to Maturity: 65-70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/8"
- Plant Spacing: 1"
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Diseases/pests/problems: Susceptible to aphids, earwigs, cutworms, and white mold. Resistant to mosaic virus. Lettuce that is crowded while growing will have a bitter taste
- Flavor:Mildly sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 2.5 g - Approximately 2,000 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 400,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 2,000,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 10,000,000 Seeds
Start by sowing the non-GMO seeds 1/8 inch in soil, one inch apart, in rows twelve to eighteen inches apart. Make sure to allow enough space between seeds for the lettuce to grow, as overcrowding can cause the lettuce to have a bitter taste. Firm the soil lightly. While growing, keep the soil well watered. Harvest between 65 and 70 days after planting, to ensure the lettuce doesn't become too mature.
Paris Island Green Lettuce is easy to grow and grows quickly. Keep dark with the black out dome for the first 3 days then flip the lid on day 4 and 5 to stress and strenghten the crop. Easy to grow, flavorful microgreens. The interesting color combinations make them great garnishes or additions to any salad. Lettuce Microgreens seeds.