Growing Little Gem Lettuce Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: lactuca sativa
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Outdoors
- Days to Maturity: 65 – 75 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 9
- Planting Depth: 1/8"
- Plant Spacing: 1"
- Row Spacing: 16 – 18"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Diseases/pests/problems:Lettuce that is crowded while growing will have a bitter taste.
- Color: Green
- Flavor: Mildly sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 400,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 2,000,000 Seeds
Start by sowing the non-GMO seeds 1/8 inch in soil, one inch apart, in rows sixteen to eighteen inches apart. Firm the soil lightly. While growing, keep the soil well watered. When the seedlings have developed a third set of leaves, thin them to be six inches apart. Harvest 70 days after planting.