Growing Cimmaron Romaine Lettuce Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Other Names:
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Outdoors
- Days to Maturity: 60-70 days
- Hardiness Zone: All
- Planting Depth: 1/8"
- Plant Spacing: 12"
- Row Spacing: 12"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Diseases/pests/problems: Susceptible to aphids, earwigs, cutworms, and white mold. Resistant to mosaic virus. Lettuce that is crowded while growing will have a bitter taste
- Color: Peppery Red
- Flavor: Mildly sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 2.5 g - Approximately 2,000 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 400,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 2,000,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 10,000,000 Seeds
Start by sowing the non-GMO seeds 1/8 inch in soil, twelve inches apart, in rows twelve inches apart. Make sure to allow enough space between seeds for the lettuce to grow, as overcrowding can cause the lettuce to have a bitter taste. Firm the soil lightly. While growing, keep the soil well watered. Harvest between 60 and 70 days after planting.