Growing Salad Bowl Green Lettuce Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Other Names:
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Outdoors
- Days to Maturity: 45-50 days
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 12"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Diseases/pests/problems: Susceptible to aphids and slugs. Lettuce that is crowded while growing will have a bitter taste
- Flavor:Mildly sweet
Start by sowing the non-GMO seeds 1/2 inch in soil, twelve inches apart, in rows twelve inches apart. Make sure to allow enough space between seeds for the lettuce to grow, as overcrowding can cause the lettuce to have a bitter taste. Firm the soil lightly. While growing, keep the soil well watered. Harvest 45 to 50 days after planting.