Growing Ruby Red Leaf Lettuce Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: lactuca sativa
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Outdoors
- Days to Maturity: 35 – 45 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 9
- Planting Depth: 1/8"
- Plant Spacing: 8"
- Row Spacing: 12 – 18"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Diseases/pests/problems:Lettuce that is crowded while growing will have a bitter taste. Susceptible to aphids and slugs.
- Color:Red and Bronze shades among green.
- Flavor:Mildly sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 400,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 2,000,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 10,000,000 Seeds
Start by sowing the non-GMO seeds 1/8 inch in soil, eight to ten inches apart, in rows twelve inches apart. Make sure to allow enough space between seeds for the lettuce to grow, as overcrowding can cause the lettuce to have a bitter taste. Firm the soil lightly. While growing, keep the soil well watered. Harvest 35 to 45 days after planting.