Growing Organic Gourmet Mixture Lettuce Vegetable Seeds
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Lettuce Type: Mixed
- Hardiness Zone: Annual 2-10
- Days to Maturity: 65-75
- Days to Germination: 3-10
- Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 9-12"
- Row Spacing: 12-15"
- Plant Height: 6-12"
- Growth Habit: Leafy mound
- Soil Preference: Nitrogen-rich, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 55-70 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests and Diseases: Susceptible to mildew, rot, and leaf spotting from soils if not properly drained and ventilated. Watch for aphids, whiteflies, and leafminers.
- Gourmet Mixture Lettuce Color: Mixed leaf containing red and green leaf varieties
- Gourmet Mixture Lettuce Flavor: Soft, creamy, mild, and verdant
How to Grow Organic Gourmet Mixture Lettuce from Seed
Organic Gourmet Mixture lettuce seeds are a cool hardy favorite performing just as vigorously when sown direct as when transplanted. For earliest starts, begin lettuce seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before final frost. Plant 2-3 seeds 1/4" deep and 2" apart in organically rich, well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade. Lettuce seeds germinate in 7-10 days, thinning back to 1 plant every 4 in the garden. Harvest large outer leaves while allowing smaller leaves to continue to mature.
Make sure to allow enough space between seeds for the lettuce to grow, as overcrowding can cause the lettuce to have a bitter taste. Firm the soil lightly. While growing, keep the soil well watered. Harvest between 65 and 75 days after planting, and before flowers appear, to ensure the lettuce doesn't become too mature.
Organic Gourmet Mixture Lettuce in the Vegetable Garden
Lettuce is one of the most versatile seeds in the world as it is a choice variety for sprouting, microgreens, hydroponics, aquaponics, and indoor container gardening. Quick to maturity and easy to grow anywhere, countless varieties of lettuce have been specifically cultivated to thrive from cold northern gardens all the way down to the desolate winter Arizona climate.
Harvesting Organic Gourmet Mixed Greens Lettuce
Most varieties of lettuce can be harvested 45-60 days after sowing or once the younger outer leaves have reached 4-5” long as a “cut and come again” crop. Harvest leaves when young and tender for best flavor since leaves bitter with maturity. Heads may be harvested whole, roots and all, or just be cut at the base while leaving behind an inch to the rooted stem.
Garden fresh lettuce stores well cold in a plastic bag for 7-10 days. Do not store near apples or bananas.
About Organic Gourmet Mixed Greens Lettuce Seeds
Lactuca sativa (45-65 days).
A blend of some of our most popular lettuce varieties sure to satisfy the pickiest market grower.
Mix contains: Vivian (green romaine), Silvia (red romaine), Red Salad Bowl (red leaf), Black Seeded Simpson (green leaf), Summer Bibb (Bibb leaf)
This divine blend of flavor and color will make any salad bowl pop.
Very popular market seller blend that takes all the planning out of what to grow to satisfy your customers.
Great for the home Gardener. Get several gourmet lettuces in one pack for a 1/4 of the price of buying them separately.
Organic Gourmet Mixture Mixed Greens Lettuce Seeds Per Package:
- 500 mg - Packet - Approx 425 Seeds
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approx 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approx 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approx 400,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk - Approx 2,000,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic Gourmet Mixed Greens lettuce seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.