Growing Vates Blue Scotch Curled Kale Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea var. acephala
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 60 days
- Hardiness Zone: All
- Planting Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 18-24"
- Row Spacing: 2'
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, rich in nutrients. PH level between 6.5 and 6.8
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full or partial sun
- Diseases/pests/problems: Over watering can cause damage to the plant. Susceptible to cabbageworms, slugs, grasshoppers and aphids.
- Color:Bright Green
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 8,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 32,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 128,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 640,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 3,200,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Blue Vates Kale seeds can be grown in all grow zones, with full or partial sun. Directly sow the seeds one fourth of an inch deep in moist, rich soil, with a pH level between 6.5 and 6.8. Space the seeds eighteen to twenty four inches apart, with two feet between rows. While growing, the soil must be kept moist, but care must be taken to not over water the plants. The outer leaves can be harvested sixty days after sowing. Continuous harvesting is possible if the bud is kept intact.
Milder broccoli flavor than other varieties, however the leaves tend to be a bit tougher. Very cold tolerant. Use as durable garnish, as a cooked side dish, sliced thin for salads, or in soups and stews.