Growing Birdhouse Gourds Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lagenaria siceraria
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 110+ days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 6'
- Row Spacing: 8'
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich, organic soil with a pH between 5 and 7.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: No major pest or disease problems
- Color:Light beige
Birdhouse Gourd seeds can be sown indoors two to four weeks before the last frost, and transplanted after four weeks. When sowing outside, plant the Birdhouse Gourd seeds one inch deep in moist soil, six feet between seeds. While growing, be sure not to overwater, as doing so can cause rot and mildew to spread throughout the vine. Keep the Birdhouse Gourds on the vine for as long as possible, then cut the gourds off the vine when the vine is dead.