Growing Apple Small Gourd Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names: Pepo
- Days to Maturity: 100-120 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 18-24”
- Row Spacing: 6’
- Growth Habit: Vines
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 70℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Cucumber beetles
- Color: Dark green when fresh, and dry to be brown
Apple Small Gourd Growth Habits:
If you have a longer summer, seed outdoors. You may need to start seeds indoors in northern climates. Gourds need to have plenty of space, and they also grow more successfully with some support. This is due to the fact their vines and fruit need proper ventilation.
Various Uses for Apple Small Gourd:
Apple Gourds are primarily used for decoration. These gourds are great for decoration, crafting, and making birdhouses. Their shape is perfect for a wide variety of crafts.
Apple Small Gourd Benefits:
Gourds are used primarily for decoration. So planting them in your garden can provide some mutual benefits to other crops. Plant alongside broccoli, dill, marigolds, and catnip to help these items out in your garden.
Apple Gourds are easy to grow, and are the perfect size for a variety of crafts.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds