Growing Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Pepper Vegetable Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: Greekoncini, Friarelli peppers, friggitello peppers, sweet Italian peppers
- Hardiness Zone:Annual 3-11 (Perennial 9-11)
- Days to Maturity: 85 - 90
- Days to Germination: 7 - 21
- Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Width: 18-24”
- Plant Height: 18-24”
- Row Spacing: 18-24”
- Growth Habit: Sturdy upright
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 70-90°F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests and Diseases: Susceptible to fungus, leaf spotting, and root rot in poorly drained soil. Also watch for aphids, white flies, and cut worms.
- Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Pepper Color: Yellow-green, turning to scarlet red when fully ripe
- Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Pepper Scoville: 100 -500 SHU
How to Grow Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Peppers from Seed
It’s recommended to start Golden Greek pepperoncini pepper seeds indoors in early spring, sowing them 1/4” deep and keeping them moist until germination. Once the pepper seeds have sprouted, they can be moved into either larger pots or directly into the rich soil of a vegetable garden (with at least 18” of spacing between the individual plants).
Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Peppers in the Vegetable Garden
Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Peppers are a great addition to any garden, particularly if you live in a climate well-suited for growing peppers. Rated between 100 and 500 on the Scoville scale, these peppers are eaten both in the yellow-green stage and the red stage of full maturity. When green, the peppers grown from these seeds are subtly sweet with a hint of bitterness. When red, they are even sweeter but also with some mild heat.
Harvesting Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Peppers
The peppers grown from these seeds will initially be yellow-green before turning orange and scarlet red at maturity, and will reach a length of up to 4”. As with most types of peppers, it’s often best to snip the fruit from the plant with shears (leaving a small amount of stem behind on the plant). Because these peppers are very mild, you should not need to wear gloves wen harvesting unless you have sensitive skin.
About Golden Greek Pepperoncini Sweet Pepper Seeds
Capsicum annuum. (85-90 days) AKA: Greekonicini.
Sweet with mild bitterness when green, sweet with more heat when red.
Golden Greek Pepperoncini are about 4" long by 1" wide and hail from Greece.
They are mildly hot.
Turn from green, to yellow and red.
Most people pick them in there "Golden" color.
Excellent pickled or in Greek salads.
Plant grows about 48" tall.
Golden Greek Pepperoncini Pepper Seeds Per Package:
- 250 mg - Packet Seeds - Approximately 30 Seeds
Non-GMO Golden Greek Pepperoncini sweet pepper seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.. Plant grows about 48" tall.