Growing Organic French Lentil Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Recommended Seeding: 1/4 cup per quart jar, sprouting tray, or sprout jar
- Initial Soak Time: 4-8 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 2-4 days
- Nutrients: Protein, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamins A, C, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Calories: About 80 calories per 1 cup serving
- Flavor: Mild, tame, and slightly sweet profile with a creamy, nutty, and earthy finish. Exterior seed shell softens and becomes chewable during sprouting.
About Organic French Lentil Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or hemp sprout bag, add about 1/4 cup organic French lentil sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds an initial soaking for 4-8 hours. After initial soak, continue to rinse organic French lentil sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 2-4 days, keeping organic French lentil sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO organic French lentil sprouts are quick to harvest in just 2-4 days, ready for fresh use with a smooth, creamy bite with a robust and peppery zest. French lentil sprouting seeds grow a protein-rich sprout fortified with Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamins A, C, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids and about 80 calories per cup.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Lens culinaris, or more commonly known as lentil, is one of the earliest domesticated crops ever and is still going. Although a delicious and widely grown sprouting seed, non-GMO Lens culinaris is a popular cover crop traditionally sown in the fall to replenish nitrogen content in garden soil while breaking up tough soils. French lentil is cultivated for its firm roots known to help minimize garden erosion, improve soil tilth and structure, while bolstering weed suppression. Lentil roots are also popularly left untilled in the garden, in which gardeners trust in the power of the roots to have restructured the garden soil to best allow new root growth, drainage, weed control, and oxygen.
For more about sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic French Lentil Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 1 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 15,000 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 37,500 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 75,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 375,000 Seeds
- 35 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 525,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic French lentil sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.