Growing Frisee Endive Seeds Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cichorium endivia
- Other Names: Frisse
- Days to Maturity: 50-59 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 10-12 ”
- Row Spacing: 1-2’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 60-65℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Bottom rot, aphids, cabbage looper
- Color: Yellow-green
- Flavor: Mild bitter
Frisse Endive Seeds Growth Habits:
Plant seeds outside in the summer ¼” deep with plants 10-12” apart. After 55 days, leaves should reach full height and are ready to be harvested by cutting them off plants. Leaves will be compact, curly, and yellow-green. Tying the bunch with a string should help this process.
Various Uses for Frisee Endive Seeds:
Frisee Endive is best used in salads for its peppery taste. It might be a little overwhelming with flavor to use Frisee alone in a salad, but it is delicious a part of a mixed green salad. The cool season garden should include various greens, and Frisee Endive can be mixed into a salad. In France, Frisee is topped with a poached egg and light vinaigrette for a complete meal.
Frisee Endive Seeds Benefits:
Frisee Endive can provide numerous health benefits for you and your family. This endive variety is rich in folate which is essential for pregnant mothers and developing fetuses. Endive helps vision and overall eye health due to beta-carotene. With its vitamin K, Frisee even promotes bone health.
Unique as a tender and curly variety.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 11,200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 44,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 179,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 896,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 4,480,000 Seeds