Cheyenne Spirit Echinacea Herb Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Echinacea x hybrida
- Days to Maturity: 70-84, Perennial
- Hardiness Zones: 3-10
- Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Seed Plant Spacing: 12-18”
- Growth Habit: Upright/bush
- Soil Preference: Moderately rich, dry and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/Diseases: Aphids, leafhoppers, Botrytis
- Color: Vibrant tangerine, yellow, maroon and cream-colored flowers
- Flavor: Bold, earthy, sweet, floral, tingly
Cheyenne Spirits Echinacea Herb Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Echinacea x hybrida) Cheyenne Spirit Echinacea plants grow as warm season flowering herbs. As perennials, this popular wildflower variety will develop upright as tall and vibrant with daisy-like flowers reaching 2-3’ tall. Once your herbs reach full maturity in late summer or in its second year to develop its root, your plants will bloom vivid, sweet and earthy petals bold with flavor. Cheyenne Spirits grow tangerine, yellow, maroon, and cream-colored flowers. Your echinacea crop will continue to provide earthy leaves, stems and petals in summer, before setting seed or in the fall before winter.
The Gardening Benefits of Cheyenne Spirit Echinacea Garden Herb
This large-sized echinacea variety is more drought-tolerant than others and is easy to grow. Cheyenne Spirit Echinacea herbs are also more adaptable to different climates and grow well in substandard soil. As this vigorous and vibrant echinacea is known for its vivid colors and quality, the array of maroon, tangerine, yellow and cream-colored flowers become ideal for attracting beneficial pollinators to your garden such as butterflies, hummingbirds and honey bees!
The Brief History of Cheyenne Spirits Echinacea Herb & Seed
Prior to this popular wildflower variety being cultivated in Europe during the 18th century to cure illness, Cheyenne Spirit Echinacea was used by the Native American Plains tribes. The Plains Indians often made an herbal remedy from echinacea plants to relieve pain, sickness and strengthen the immune system.
Cheyenne Spirits Echinacea Garden Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 893 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 400,000 Seeds