Growing Dry Land Mix Wildflower from Seeds
- Wildflower Seed Type: Mix of 19 varieties of annuals and perennials
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Dry Land wildflower mix is easy to grow from seed and recommended for direct outdoor sowing after the frost. Blend wildflower seeds with sand to increase discern-ability during sowing. Spread the mix over a weeded area and evenly rake and lightly tamp into the soil. Germination for the 19 different varieties occurs between 10 – 30 days.
- Days to Maturity: Varies
- Hardiness Zone: 2 – 10
- Seed Planting Depth: Broadcast 1oz of seeds over 10-square foot area and tamp
- Wildflower Growth Habit: Mix of various 10 – 36” tall wildflowers with 10 –12” spreads of blooms
- Soil Preference: Dry, loamy, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Dry Land Mix thrives vigorously in dry and arid gardens. Do not over water and do not use pesticides because they harm pollinators.
- Color: A mix of summertime color of 19 different varieties
Dry Land Mix is a special blend of wildflowers native to arid and drought-prone regions from around the world including Sweet Alyssum, Plains Coreopsis, Siberian Wallflower, Blanket Flower, Sweet William, California Poppy, Garland Daisy, African Daisy, Indian Blanket, Shasta Daisy, Prairie Coneflower, Evening Primrose, Black Eyed Susan, Corn Poppy, Gloriosa Daisy, Rocky Mountain Penstemon, Spurred Snapdragon, White Yarrow, Catchfly, Strawflower.
Sowing wildflower seeds as domesticated garden pieces became popular in England during the late 19th Century. The privileged of the time grew tired of the formal and redundant flower beds of tradition and became more interested in gardens mimicking the “wild” and “natural” of real flowers. Various poets and writers of the time did away with classic roses and hedges and embraced the unpredictability of wildflowers. Buy Dry Land Wildflower Mix seeds online.