True (Wild) Dandelion Herb Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Taraxacum officinale
- Days to Maturity: 40-50+(leaves, flowers) 90+(roots) Perennial
- Hardiness Zones: 3-10
- Seed Planting Depth: 1”
- Seed Plant Spacing: 6-8”
- Growth Habit: Upright/mound
- Soil Preference: Rich, slightly acidic and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer to cool
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Color: Green leaves and stems, bright-yellow flowers
- Flavor: verdant greens similar to chicory, nectar-sweet flowers
True (Wild) Dandelion Herb Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Taraxacum officinale) True Wild Dandelion plants grow as vigorous and herbaceous tender perennials. As hardy heirlooms, dandelions will develop low-growth mounds that reach 4-6” tall. True Wild Dandelion varieties will begin producing green leaves, stems and bright-yellow flowers by late spring, summer or fall. Verdant leaves and sweet-nectar flowers can be picked early in the season, as they are at their flavor peak. By next year, nutrient-rich dandelion roots will be ready. As your region has its first frost, True Dandelion herbs will die back, while keeping their roots overwinter.
The Culinary Uses of True (Wild) Dandelion Garden Herb
True Wild Dandelions, also known as “Common Dandelion'' provide a variety of options for either eating fresh or cooked. Whether it is Dandelion tea or roasted greens, this herb has a verdant flavor similar to chicory when sauteed or steamed, while the bright-yellow flowers of Wild Dandelion are nectar-sweet and often added to salads. Although True Dandelions can be invasive herbs when it comes to certain areas of your lawn, there are some controlled gardening benefits when it comes to growing and enjoying dandelions. Dry the flowers to make dandelion wine or grind up the root to make dandelion coffee!
The Cool Facts About True (Wild) Dandelion Herb & Seed
True Wild Dandelion is an herb that represents the sun, moon and stars as a symbol for its three stages of growth. As its bright-yellow flowers illustrate the sun, it’s white puffy globes are the moon and the seeds represent the stars. The name “Dandelion” is English, but comes from the French meaning “dent de lion” which means lion’s tooth.
True (Wild) Dandelion Garden Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 2 g - Wholesale - Approximately 600 Seeds
- 7 g - Wholesale - Approximately 1,500 Seeds
- 1 oz - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 8,500 Seeds
- 4 oz - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 34,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 136,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Wild Dandelion vegetable garden seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.