Growing True (Wild) Dandelion Culinary Herb Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Taraxacum officinale
- Common Names: Common Dandelion, Wild Dandelion, Green Catalogna Endive, Green Catalogna Chickory
- Dandelion Hardiness Zones: 3-10, Annual not intended to overwinter
- Days to Maturity: 95 days
- Seed Planting Depth: Lightly press without covering
- Garden Plant Spacing: 9-12"
- Garden Row Spacing: 12-24"
- Dandelion Growth Habit: Wild dandelion seeds mature to a mounded babyleaf mustard-like green 6-9" tall and 9-12" wide
- Dandelion Soil Preference: Organically rich, fertile, well-drained
- Grow Temp Preference: Moderate 50-77° F
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Pests/Diseases/Troubleshooting: Taraxacum officinale has a weed-like hardiness and is considered an invasive species with few pests, insects, or diseases.
- Dandelion Color: Serrated and chicory-like greens with yellow blooms
- Wild Dandelion Flavor: Bitter greens similar to chicory, endive, or arugula
Non-GMO True Dandelion seeds are best if grown directly in the garden after final frost. Wild Dandelion seeds are traditionally cold-stratified (“refrigerated”) a week prior to garden sowing to expedite germination. Lightly press 1-2 dandelion seeds per hole 2-3” apart in the garden in organically rich, well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade. Heirloom Wild Dandelion seeds germinate in 14-21 days, thinning back to 1 per pot or every 9-12” in the garden. Taraxacum officinale is a tenacious grow listed in the United States as a noxious and invasive weed.
True Dandelion seeds have grown a domesticated herbal and vegetable crop for much of human civilization. Open-pollinated Wild Dandelion blooms have been used for culinary uses, herbal remedies, companion planting, dyes, and even harvested to extract a natural latex secretion.
Wholesale True Dandelion Culinary Herb Garden Seeds Per Package:
- 2 g - Wholesale - Approximately 600 Seeds
- 7 g - Wholesale - Approximately 1,500 Seeds
- 1 oz - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 8,500 Seeds
- 4 oz - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 34,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 136,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Wild Dandelion vegetable garden seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.