Growing White Wonder Cucumber Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucumis sativus
- Other Names: Long White, Albino, Ivory King, Jack Frost, Landreth's White Slicing, and White Albino
- Days to Maturity: 35-60 days
- Hardiness Zone: All zones in the US
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 4”
- Row Spacing: 6’
- Growth Habit: Vining
- Soil Preference: Fertile soil, moist
- Temp Preference: 70℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Cucumber beetles, squash bugs, squash vine borers
- Color: White
- Flavor: Mild, slightly bitter
White Wonder Cucumber Growth Habits:
Cucumbers grow best on a hill or mound. Plant several seeds, and then thin the weakest plants. White slicing cucumbers prefer moist and rich soil. Use supports when growing cucumbers. Pick White Wonder Cucumbers smaller for pickling, but the mature size is around 8 inches.
Various Uses for White Wonder Cucumber:
Cucumbers make a great snack right off the vine. They can also be diced with herbs and thrown into yogurt as a sauce. Cucumbers can easily be pickled using your special blends of vinegar and seasoning. Long white cucumbers can be put into various salads for cold and crunchy meals in the summer.
White Wonder Cucumber Benefits:
White wonder cucumbers are 95% water, so they make a great snack for hydration. It also has the added benefit of aiding the body in flushing out toxins and aid digestion. Rich in Vitamin A, C, D, Folate, and Calcium, cucumbers don’t even need to be cooked to gain these important health benefits.
Heirloom variety that was first produced in 1893 in Philadelphia.
Seeds Per Package:
- 3 g - Approximately 100 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 950 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 3,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 15,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 76,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 380,000 Seeds