Growing Treated Serendipity Corn Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: zea mays
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 75 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Planting Depth: 1-2"
- Plant Spacing: 4"
- Row Spacing: 30"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: PH level of 6 to 6.5, rich soil with organic matter is best.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to slugs, snails, and cabbage root maggots.
- Flavor: Sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 lb - Approximately 600 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 3,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 15,000 Seeds
SYN means Synergistic or Triple Sweet. 75% sugary enhanced kernels and 25% Super sweet kernels. SE means sugary enhanced.
Begin by sowing directly outdoors, one inch deep with six to eight inches between seeds and thirty inches between rows. When choosing a site in your garden, keep the sun in mind; these tall stalks have potential to block the sunlight from other plants. While growing, the crops will need one to one and a half inches of water. When the kernels are firm, the ear is ripe. To harvest, firmly pull the ear downwards while twisting. The unhusked ears can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.