Growing Kandy Korn Corn Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: zea mays
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 89 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Planting Depth: 1-2"
- Plant Spacing: 4"
- Row Spacing: 30"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist and well drained, temp of 55 to 65 F, pH 6 to 7
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to corn wireworms, cutworms, and fungal diseases
- Flavor: Sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 lb - Approximately 2,400 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 12,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 60,000 Seeds
SYN means Synergistic or Triple Sweet. 75% sugary enhanced kernels and 25% Super sweet kernels. SE means sugary enhanced.
Begin by sowing directly outdoors, 1 1/2 inches deep with four inches between seeds and thirty inches between rows. When choosing a site in your garden, keep the sun in mind; these tall stalks have potential to block the sunlight from other plants. While growing, the crops will need one to one and a half inches of water. When the kernels are firm, the ear is ripe. To harvest, firmly pull the ear downwards while twisting. The unhusked ears can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.