Growing Bodacious Hybrid Corn (se) Planting Seeds
- Latin Name: zea mays
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 80-90 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Planting Depth: 1-2"
- Plant Spacing: 4"
- Row Spacing: 30"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist and well drained, temp of 55 to 65 F, pH 6 to 7
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to corn wireworms, cutworms, and fungal diseases Light Yellow Kernals
- Flavor: Rich and Sweet
- Seeds Per Package:
- 10 g - Approximately 54 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 2,400 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 12,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 60,000 Seeds
SYN means Synergistic or Triple Sweet. 75% sugary enhanced kernels and 25% Super sweet kernels. SE means sugary enhanced.
Begin by sowing directly outdoors, 1 1/2 inches deep with four inches between seeds and thirty inches between rows. When choosing a site in your garden, keep the sun in mind; these tall stalks have potential to block the sunlight from other plants. While growing, the crops will need one to one and a half inches of water. When the kernels are firm, the ear is ripe. To harvest, firmly pull the ear downwards while twisting. The unhusked ears can be kept in the fridge for up to one week.
Bodacious Hybrid adapts well to northern climates. Matures early. Once silks appear, wait three weeks and then harvest! A period of seven days after maturity is the best time to harvest. Perfect for all culinary applications, including roasting, steaming, boiling, grilling, etc. Retains its sweetness for up to a week and a half after the ears have been picked.