Growing Robust Yellow Hulless Popcorn Corn Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Zea mays everta
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 110 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Planting Depth: 1-2"
- Plant Spacing: 4"
- Row Spacing: 30"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist and well-drained, temperature of 55 to 65 F, pH 6 to 7
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to corn wireworms, cutworms, and fungal diseases Gold
- Flavor: Sweet
Seeds Per Package:
- 10 g - Approximately 50 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 2,400 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 12,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 60,000 Seeds
Sow robust hulless popcorn seeds outdoors when temperatures are adequately warm. Plant popcorn seeds 1 1/2-inches deep, 8 inches between seeds, and thirty inches between corn stalk rows.
Choose a sunny spot for your cornrows and keep in mind that tall corn stalks have the potential to block the sunlight from other plants. The growing popcorn plants will need one to one and a half inches of water. Leave the ears on the stalk until the corn is fully mature and the husks have turned brown. Harvest and leave them to mature even further. When the kernels easily rub off the cob, you can store them or pop them.