Curled Chervil Herb Garden Seeds
- Curled Chervil Latin Name: Anthriscus cerefolium
- Curled Chervil Herb Days to Maturity: 60-120, Annual
- Curled Chervil Hardiness Zones: 3-9
- Curled Chervil Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Curled Chervil Seed Plant Spacing: 8-12”
- Curled Chervil Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cool
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
- Curled Chervil Pests/diseases: Aphids, rabbits and fusarium root rot
- Curled Chervil Herb Color: Bright-green lacey leaves
- Curled Chervil Herb/seed Flavor: Parsley, verdant, slight anise
Curled Chervil Herb Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Anthriscus cerefolium) Curled Chervil plants grow as upright hardy annual herbs which thrive during the cooler seasons of spring or fall. Curled Chervil can reach 1-2’ tall and develop bright-green lacey leaves that give off a fresh verdant aroma. The leaves of your chevil herbs provide a variety of medicinal benefits. Once they’ve turned bright-green, Curled Chervil will be ready for harvest, prior to blooming clusters of small white flowers once the warmer temperatures set in and before going to seed.
The Culinary Benefits of Curled Chervil Herb Garden Seed
As Curled Chervil is of the classic French “fines herbes” the fresh and tender leaves of these plants provide diverse options for cooking. This type of leafy herb is best used fresh as a garnish to omelettes or added to salads. You can also lightly cook Curled Chervil in a warm soup or into a puree as a pasta sauce. As this variety of chervil has a verdant flavor similar to parsley and anise, this herb is best paired with savory dishes or in French cuisine. Curled Chervil is easy to freeze and can be stored throughout winter.
The Health Benefits of Curled Chervil Herb Seed
Curled Chervil is a classic herbal remedy that has been used to provide a variety of medicinal benefits such as, providing relief from a sore throat or skin irritations like eczema. You can also blend up the tender bright-green leaves to make a healthy fresh green juice as a detox! This type of chervil has also been used to help relieve gout and promote fast hair growth.
Curled Chervil Garden Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 12,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 48,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 192,000 Seeds